New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was out for some bird hunting at Whittinham this mornig with my pup Attila he's 11 months old and seems to have fianally got the hang of this bird thing:D he made two great points on birds one rooster and later a hen that I thought was a mouse[confused] he pointed a few mice when we first got there and when he pointed I did not see trhe bird there as the little bit of snow made the ground standout. there was however a small clump of gr [no swearing please] and the hen was dug into it. I thought it was a mose till I kicked the tuft of gr [no swearing please] and that hen jumped out:D so we where there only 20 min. and he found two birds and two shots and I was done:D:D And me without my camera:(

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
GhostBear, I knew that was you that had the vizla. I was Hunting Whittingham on Thanksgiving. I guess my father ran into you one day up there he is the tall guy his name is Rich. You lined up with us and kinda walked with us in the morning for a little while. glad to hear your pup is working for ya. I know he was a little worked up on Thanksgiving ran you around a little bit that is what them young ones do sometimes.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Good for you and her GB. Now keep it going. [up]

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys it's only gonna get better!! hkdonfishn yeah I remember that. he's got a couple of labs right? you guy are real nice it was good to hunt with you. it got a little nuts on thanks giving after I left you guys he bumped up some birds that some other guys shot so we went home and went out the next day. He flushed up two. one I missed, one gave me no shot. But he seems less distracted now as the season goes on. I'm proud of him :D

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
congrats ghost..my pup also found one of its first birds today..which side of whittingham were you hunting? i was hunting in the big parking lot by the ranger station...i remeber you saying you went there...what car are you driving? i might have seen you..i saw Ringneck today...

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mack I was at the same lot! I was driving a gold ranger we got a rooster and a hen for a matched set:D there were a few guys there but nearly like turkey day:D

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
i think i saw you pull in..we drove a green isuzu and my bro drove a black bronco...we were at the first field on the right...what field were you in?

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went down over the gate and was in the sorgum at first in the field right below you the I went one field farther in.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Mack, I was hunting the same Parking lot also. I guess we were all together and did not relize it. I was parked right as you go into the parking lot make a right 1st two spots on the right Black Dodge Dakota. It was nuts in the morning I was running for my life!! :)

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went in a little deeper I guess. it wasn't all that bad. besides we finished in like twenty minutes:D

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After the six day we should all get toghther. I think the bunch of us could put a real hurt on those birds what'd 'ya think?:D

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
sure...if its alright with my dad and my bro...they usually like hunting alone but they wouldnt mind hunting with some of the guys from the site...

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool it'd give me a chance to see your bird call in action:D;)

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
lol...hadnt had much luck with the call this year...we have only had a couple of answers this year and we never found those birds...hopefully they start answering more during the winter...

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Blood was that the dog with the black ear? the left ear i think.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yup I remember now good to know'ya.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts