New Jersey Hunters banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There is going to an enforced password change, so don't worry about doing anything. The site will let you know when you need to make the change.

Having an easily cracked, simple password here can put accounts on different sites at risk. Increasing complexity here will help minimize that risk, not to mention protect this site from being vandalized.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I'll worry about my password protection on other sites, thanks. I'll also take my chances that hackers aren't chomping at the bits to crack into this forum. I suspect the motive is more inline with obtaining a more accurate active member count... I prefer not to change mine.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I recently changed my password to a unique complex string that I can remember. It exceeds all of the 2 of this, 2 of that, and 2 of those requirements ... I'm not gonna change it again.

·
Administrator
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The article fails to mention that the breach was for a third party plugin. This breach is on countless sites across the internet and not just limited to ours.

Their system was compromised and they grabbed user data for us and thousands of others. We cleared our part of the breach and went this route to further security. This is also in place as many members on the internet use the same or similar passwords across all things they use.

We cannot go into detail at the moment as it is being dealt with on a legal level.

Thanks,
-JB

·
Registered
14,779 Posts
JB,

When do you need us to change our passwords by?

SS!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well after 4 or 5 requests for a password reset to my email with no response I had to re-register under a new name so just put PA in front of my old user name bowgunhunter, very frustrating, so now I am PAbowgunhunter if anyone cares.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Those hackers aint worried about some forum. ALL my financials are backed, and guaranteed secure. (Ive been compromised 3 times now) it takes a while and some diligence, but in the end, I never lost anything but some time and frustration. Hackers dont go through the work and risk to sneak on some forum and post anonymously. None of my financial passwords are even so long, and require a symbol. (most are 6-8 characters, requiring one capital, and one a number)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
is there ever a mod around? a friend is having one heckuva time logging in, can not seem to get his password reset and needs to read/ respond to private messages.......... HELP.. while we are at it, why not do something about the few hundred " Guest members" ,give em a one month guest pass, then hit the road or sign up.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts