New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to put together a group hunt, seeing as you need about 2.5 million decoys to bring in the white devils, to increase odds of getting a limit. Right now its just me and a buddy and about 55 dekes hunting state land. Anybody who would like to join us on this adventure just let me know. Ideally I'd like to get a group of about 6-8 but, really anybody that wants to come out is welcome. Post on the thread that you're interested or PM me and I'll fill you in with the rest of the details about where specifically to meet up and the times.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If this is successful, will try to keep this going until April pending everybody gets their CO for light geese.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I'd down with that but since I never really hunted snows I don't have any dekes, just an O/U and a dream! Lol

·
Registered
790 Posts
It's sounds great and would be awesome! Unfortunately 55 decoys really is nothing when it comes to snows. I know my 12 snow decoys dont do shit! What area will you be hunting?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's sounds great and would be awesome! Unfortunately 55 decoys really is nothing when it comes to snows. I know my 12 snow decoys dont do shit! What area will you be hunting?
near the Del Water gap hopefully friday, but definitely saturday.

But 67 decoys is better than 12, which is why I'm trying to pool the hunters for a group hunt boost number of decoys without paying a couple hundred bucks to go on a guided hunt.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
you could actually have some decent luck along the shore out in the march if you are in the right spots with 67 decoys. The birds move all day and move in small groups. Unfortunately it requires a lot of scouting and a boat

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I have about 500 personally but I don't think I'll be making the trip south. Agreed ^^^ get a boat and scout the marsh. Birds decoy a lot nicer with some great shooting

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good info. Right now with a Soldier's budget I don't have a boat yet, it's in the works for this year's waterfowl season. That being said, I won't be hitting the marshes just yet. Don't want to get stranded in high tide. Last weekend even with the 20 decoys we were turning some of the smaller family groups, mainly because they were feeding in a field literally right behind us on private property. AYFS, we'll have to link up sometime if you ever wander to the southern zone!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gotcha. yeah there is a national recreation area up north called the delaware water gap. being down in the salem area is a great place to chase snows
This is my first season pursuing them. I've never seen so many in my life! I wouldn't mind finding something closer to where I am, but there aren't very many WMA's and state land that I can use up here.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
This is my first season pursuing them. I've never seen so many in my life! I wouldn't mind finding something closer to where I am, but there aren't very many WMA's and state land that I can use up here.
Scout and get permission. Snows are much easier to get permission for. Farmers hate them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts