New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here have any experience with these heads? there's a few youtube videos showing some african game taken with these heads. they're definitely different and get get alot of criticism on message boards but the hunters that use them rave about them. i figure they remove the hassle of mechanicals opening early out of fast crossbows but they are guaranteed to fly the same as your field point so i'm going to try them out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It will get real interesting if you hit a rib on the way in.

I've tried a lot of bheads and the Slick Tricks are the answer for me. Awesome blood trails and short recoveries.

·
Registered
928 Posts
check out some of their videos on youtube. it shows a whole bunch of arrows zipping right through a bunch of tough game. i'm impressed. it's new technology so i bet it's going to be a tough sell until it catches on, just like mathews was when its solocam first cam first hit the market.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am not sure why you would say that.

IMO, it appears that they are somewhat flexible so if one side hits bone it slips over to use less energy. Obviously if it can't take a bone hit then it is junk :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
it only seems that the tip is actually sharp
The wire is sharpened, or it certainly looks sharp in the picture!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i haven't received the atoms i ordered yet. i've been doing alot of reading up on them. the razor wire blades are sharp but not in the traditional sense. the edge on the wires are ground with a steep angle which gives the wire strength but still allows it to flex when going through heavy bone to allow full penetration. this steep angle also makes them alot safer to handle but also makes them feel dull as most guys are used to seeing a very narrow angle on blades such as broadheads and knife edges. the guy who invented the atoms states that once speed is entered into mix (arrow speed), the wires will cut just as easy as any other broadhead with better penetration and tougher blades. it may be hype but i've watched alot of video of atoms going through some some pretty tough skinned animals, enough that i'm going to try em. i also like that the maker guarantees that they fly like field points or your money back. the 100% titanium model also comes with a lifetime guarantee on the ferrule. should it bend or break, send it to him and you'll get a new one.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if i may ask, who did you order them from? and is there any info on shooting them into a target?
excal i got them from a dealer on archery talk. his screen name is looney bin. he had the best price to my door. the guy who makes them says that they are really not meant to be shot into a target as the wires may break or come off when removing the arrow from a target. he does guarantee that they will fly the same as a field point or your money back. i bought a pack of replacement wires with my order and i plan to shoot a couple into an ethafoam target to make sure they fly the same as my field points. i figure a couple of wires is worth the piece of mind.

I wonder how you sharpen them?
the maker of them says the wires can be sharpened in a lansky type sharpening system.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.