New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to all of you on here I am new to this site and I am so glad I found it. I just got into hunting last year mainly pheasent and deer but I am looking to give goose hunting a shot. I live in central NJ and was wondering if anyone on here has tried to goose hunt on assupink for the september season. I would appreciate any information Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
tag along withsomeone

goose hunting you need a quality caller and decoys..you can always try and just jump shootem or sky bustem but whats the fun in that lol welcome to the site!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I don't know about Assumpink but goose hunting on fields in Zone 4 isn't very good. I mean nothing even flying over in spite of being next to the Deleware. I think because there is so much pheasant stocking there the geese get used to seeing orange hats walking on the fields resulting in them not including those fields in their terriory. I have done well in that area over water though. Assumpink might be the same situation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.