New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took off work today to do a little phez hunting,dogs put up 2 and i put them down.anyway ,i came across a ladderstand overlooking an open field to the left of the foxhound farmhouse,walked up the hill a little and seen the camera.so i felt compelled to wave and do a little dance [rofl] so if it's anyone on here,feel free to post the pics.and my dog peed on the base of your stand,sorry.nothing i could do about it.[hihi]

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are out shopping for stands at assumpink it wouldnt take long to find one
quite a few are out there,that's for sure.when i go there i mainly work the fields and the hedgerows that are in them.the only time i go into the woods is if the dogs are working a bird.i can see these stands when i'm working the middle of an open field.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've never seen a place as full of stands as Assunpink. I scouted it once for deer, for the hell of it, and couldn't NOT find a stand. I hunt some pretty crowded places too but that place takes the cake. Beautiful woods though and I actually bumped a good buck from the dead center of a pheasant field once while bird hunting. He was just lying right there in the middle.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jealous you found some time to go out, good job. Saturday cant come fast enough.
i actually had 2 days of comp time from earlier in the year that i forgot about until my boss reminded me to use them before the end of the year.He didn't have to tell me twice [hihi] but it took about 4 hours to get the two hens.the dogs definitely got their exercise [up] lot of roosters still cackling in the woods out there.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hell yea …and they are going to stock more birds ….nothing is going to get done at home ,the ''Honey Do List '' will have to get put off until spring…...oh wait then it will be fishing season….and then it will hunting season again ….Im in the dog house for the rest of my life !!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hell yea …and they are going to stock more birds ….nothing is going to get done at home ,the ''Honey Do List '' will have to get put off until spring…...oh wait then it will be fishing season….and then it will hunting season again ….Im in the dog house for the rest of my life !!!!!!!
[rofl][rofl] atleast you have your priorities straight!

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've never seen a place as full of stands as Assunpink. I scouted it once for deer, for the hell of it, and couldn't NOT find a stand. I hunt some pretty crowded places too but that place takes the cake. Beautiful woods though and I actually bumped a good buck from the dead center of a pheasant field once while bird hunting. He was just lying right there in the middle.
a lot of the stands i see are there pretty much all season long,and i'm not in the woods looking for them.they're put up on field edges.kinda makes you wonder if some are decoys since the CO building is right there.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
if I danced in front of every camera I saw Id never get any hunting in lol

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
birdup I was wondering the same thing
it does seem odd that there are that many stands being left out like that,and cameras,and not being hard at all to find.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING US!! christ,now i'll always be paranoid walking around the place [hihi]

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WAIT A MINUTE!!! if that camera was a co set-up and they pull the card,do you think they will post my little wave/dance routine on youtube? [rofl] imagine that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts