New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hunted assunpink today for birds only had a shot at one cockbird that the dog chased out of some briar patches and missed him...didnt hear much shooting either WHERE ARE ALL THE BIRDS

·
Registered
625 Posts
I got one at Assunpink today. My dad and I both missed the same bird, then I missed one more. We were deciding whether to go home or try the swamp one more time. I got a hen in the swamp.

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chuck where in assunpink were you i walked just about all the fields as i was there till about 3pm

·
Registered
625 Posts
chuck where in assunpink were you i walked just about all the fields as i was there till about 3pm
We start out by the old conservation building, where the UBNJ start their 3D Shoots. we worked those fields and then went over towards Clarksburg/Roosevelt, where the dirt roads start and ended up back where we started.

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great i started over by the farm stand with the big tree that hangs over the road.. then made my way down to the remote plane area...and from there just kept goin and hit almost every field....both me and the dog were exhausted

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Fish&Game is not putting out as many birds.

To expensive[confused]

I wonder where all our money goes for liscence nad permit fees???????[confused]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
10 years ago

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Don't go to whittingham unless you want to wait in line or have birds shot out from under you!! I went out on thanksgiving mourning and it was a real mad house!! I hunted for three hours and my 11 month old pup pointed three birds and all were shot out from under me by some jerk on the sidelines. The first thime that has ever happend to me. Dog points three birds and I don't even get a shot off. So I went out friday and we put up two roosters I missed one and the other flushed out the wrong side of the hedge row and did not give me a shot. on turkey day there must have been 300 guys there I've never seen so many!!

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Wingshooter,
Let's try to meet up next Saturday if you are going to Assunpink.
Chuck
that would be good only thing is my dog has gotten into 2 fights with other male dogs nothing serious but still a pain in the a** female dogs he has never had a problem so what kind of dog do you have

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
in that case chuck sure thing well meet up not a problem......now we just got to agree on the guide service fee that i'll be charging you lol [cool]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts