New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going pheasant hunting tomorrow, 11/17 at Assunpink? If so, do you need some dogless tagalong? Let me know,

Chuck

·
Registered
267 Posts
Chuck:

Hunting Assunpink Friday (11/18) around 1 PM. If you're around then, you're welcome to follow my pup around with me. Not guaranteeing he'll find any, though - this'll only be his second "real" pheasant hunt.

Tony

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hunting Assunpink Friday (11/18) around 1 PM. If you're around then, you're welcome to follow my pup around with me. Not guaranteeing he'll find any, though - this'll only be his second "real" pheasant hunt.

Tony
Thanks Tony, but I am bringing the kids to Hershey park this weekend. Maybe some other day we can hook up. Thank you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sure thing. We actually leave for Disney Saturday AM, so tomorrow's our final hunt before putting the pup in the kennel.

Good hunting today!

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
ya know I was always ammused by that name ASSUPICK.
Then agian Ihave the mentalitly of an 8th grader so all [no swearing please] and fart jokes are funny to me.:D

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where'd you hunt? That is, what part of Assunpink? They put out 220 birds last night -- did you see any?
I park by the old Conservation Center. Where the UBNJ starts their 3D shoots at. I only saw one bird. SOme guys dog flushed it inside of the safety zone.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no hunting for me this week i'm stuck working
Hey Lou,
Any chance you'll be pheasant hunting on Sat, 12/24? Me. dad and Quinto are going to go out for a couple of hours? If you can make it, let me know.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Someday I want to venture down south, atleast south for me, to go after some birds.

·
Registered
267 Posts
MP:

Judging by the posts you guys put up about Flat Brook and Whittingham, you should probably just stay up there -- you guys report much better bird numbers than we seem to see at Assunpink and Colliers Mills.

It might be because the Central Jersey WMA's are hugge compared to the North Jersey locations -- Whittinham and Flatbrook are roughly 2000 acres each, while Assunpink is over 6300 and Colliers Mills 12,700!

But you're always welcome to try...

Tony

1 - 15 of 15 Posts