New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor took her son down to the popcorn park zoo and had a copy of their newsletter. 2 or 3 pages into it, they have an article on bear hunting basically stating that Fish and game is relocating the bears to monmouth and ocean county to "stock" the shore area WMA's.

The second article titled "Proposed bill to introduce sunday bowhunting". Shows a picture of a deer with an arrow stuck in its eye, and a turkey with an arrow stuck through its wing that they had to rescue and put to sleep. Lists what the bill intends to do in the article with zero, backup why it should be opposed just, please urge your legislator to oppose this bill.

Seems the humane society takes the same stance and tactics on their issues like I do with my 3 1/2 year old son, I tell him what is right without backup and he agrees. Amazing. 170,000 new jersey hunters and they only had to rescue 1 deer due to a bad bow shot, not bad in my opinion we have some pretty good archers.

ANyway I emailed the scans of the articles to drag hopefully he gets them ok and can post them below for everyone to read.

Dennis

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Dennis, Kris is very busy, and will be gone-fishin for the weekend, so if you want to send them to me to post for you, I will see what I can do. :)

Email them to me at; [email protected]

·
Registered
876 Posts
"Fish and game is relocating the bears to monmouth and ocean county to "stock" the shore area WMA's."

Lol!! This really had me laughing. Amazing what these lunatics will come up with.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Well if they do relocate some bear's to ocean county wma It would be nice if they would tell us ..
Why? It would ruin the surprise...

NJDF&W DOES NOT relocate bears from north to south. It they trap one lost in a city they will relocate it to the nearest state land or WMA. In the past they would pull out a map and find the nearest northern WMA. Now they just look for the closest.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hope your neighbor and son disinfected their shoes after they got home and before they went into the house. The last time I took my kids there my bird dog came down with some kind of virus which the vet said must have come from the Popcorn Park Zoo. Mind you this was years ago, but I haven't been back although I only live 5 minutes from there.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i could only wish they stocked ocean county wma's with bear, wouldnt have far to drive for the bear hunt :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts