New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got the new bow the fletches have been falling off the arrows a lot. It is not the same fletch so I don't think it is hitting anything as I release the arrow. I'm shooting with a drop away too.

When I bought the bow I got 6 arrows made up. 3 of them had the fletch fall off on me when shooting. So I had 4 of them get refletched with the blazers to see if there was a difference. All 4 of those fell off too.

I liked the blazers so I had all of my arrows refletched with them. I got home yesterday and started shooting. I took 5 arrows and 10 total shots and the fletches on 2 arrows started to fall off already.

I have no idea what is going on! [wallmad] Does anyone have any ideas and what may be going on or suggestions?

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They fall off before they even hit the target. I can hear when they start to lose contact with the arrow.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Sometimes when trying to put a helical fletch you can set the jig incorrectly and they won't adhere right. I'd bring them back and have him look, maybe someone in his shop is doing them wrong.

You should try doing them yourself, the jigs are fairly cheap, and w/some practice you'll be a pro.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Maybe he changed the glue for whatever reason and it's not compatable with the arrow material and or wrap material.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Maybe he switched glue but those should not be coming off. Where are u located if you are close to me I will fletch'em for ya. I am in Hopatcong

1 - 16 of 16 Posts