New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if there's any places that pluck the birds for a fee. I plucked the last 2 I got and it sucked.

·
Registered
21,476 Posts
Not sure what area you looking at but there are a few live poultry markets located in the Clifton and Passaic area.

Clifton Live Poultry Market, 230 Parker Ave. Clifton, NJ
Sanchez Live Poultry Market, 126 Hope Ave, Passaic, NJ
U S Live Poultry Market, 281 Oak St. Passaic, NJ

they usually charge $5. - $10. to gut, pluck, and clean the bird for you.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Clifton Live Poultry Market, 230 Parker Ave. Clifton, NJ
[hihi] Didn't even know that place on Parker Ave is still open. I remember going there a few times as a kid with my Dad to get fresh chickens. Ill have to drive by next time I'm down in that area.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
goffle poultry farm goffle road ridgewood/glenrock border.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sanchez market, hope ave, passaic. After you get it it plucked you can walk it around the corner to Janiecs market and get it smoked [up]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
You can go to some places in PA that charge almost nothing, I take chicken over their and have them done for $2 a bird but then again I take around 10 birds I don't know if they would take one. But a lot of them do, do turkeys. Any place that does chickens will do turkeys but from what I have seen in NJ most of the places require 20+ birds before they will take them.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doesn't have to be union county I'd travel a little ways. I live in union county and will be hunting in hunterdon, warren, or Sussex county depending on how the permits go.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
gregtpal hit the nail on the head!
I have done dozens of turkeys and it never pans out plucking them. The meat is in the breasts the rest is scraps![up]
The last two I skinned the breasts back and cutthem out done! I do pheasants the same way now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts