New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,376 Posts
Lancaster and Kustom King both give good advice over the phone if you need it.

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts
not trying to highjack the thread or anything...but instead of posting another thread almost about the same thing ill just post it here...

Is fletching your own arrows really this easy?

if so are those the only things you need to get into it...about 5 of my arrows need refletching so i was thinking i could do it...

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Is fletching your own arrows really this easy?
Yes it is that easy. Might take a couple tries to get the jig set right but not much to it. You need to buy a sraight, right, or left helical jig depending on how you want to do them. For hunting I use a right helical but for target I use a straight jig offset a couple degrees.

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts
thanks for the informations...i will have to look into it more..i def am thinking of doing it! i shoot feather fletching so they break rather easy with me for somereason...maybe since im still getting into the sport and might be a little more rough then the seasoned veteran. :D

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Lancaster Archery has a really big inventory and you can purchase online.

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts
its putting feather fletching on any easier or harder than veins?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Targeteers has everything you need. I use 2" blazers all the time. Use AAE fast set gel (Rob has it)and make sure the shafts are clean.Some guys wipe them with denatured alcohol, I just wipe them down with a wet rag and never had any problems..... Blazers stick great on wraps.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Use AAE fast set gel
+1
Of all the glues I've used the AAE fast set gel has worked the best. There are several types of wraps out there and some of them are prone to issues with some glues. For example bohning wraps when used with any quick set (super glue type of glue) the glue eats through the wrap and the vane will come off in mid air with part of the wrap melted to it. I learned that the hard way. The wraps I've had the best luck with are by onestringer. I get most of my fletching supplies online as it always seems like the shops I go to are missing something I need and the prices are usually way better online even with shipping charges.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.