New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will officially eat my words today. In the past I had some issues with the service at Targeteers and I voiced my experiences often here. I spoke to Rob and he said they had made some changes and replaced some less than helpful employees. I have been back four times since then and have to say I had good friendly service all 4 times. I am happy to say they appear to be back on track and I figured since I posted the bad I should post the good. Thanks Rob for your help and I will not hesitate to go there in the future.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
[up]even though the prices may be a little higher i would rather go into a small shop and get great help than go to a Bass Pro or Cabelas anyday,, cause I know a guy living local is supporting a family with his profits and my $$ isn't going toward some giant corporation

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
if you ever come up NORTH go to yoj sports in andover, great guys and the bow tech there is one of the best you will find.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hunter810 you are correct. Seems a few employees gave me a bad taste for the shop. The owner does care and tries to offer good service. I am in charge of over 100 employees and kow the feeling. lol
1madcow you are 100% correct. I may get a quiver $20 cheaper on the internet but they will not tell you which one works best on your bow nor will they install it. I bought an arrow fletching jig and Rob set it up and explained the way to use it. Do not get that ordering from cabelas (I like Cabelas for some stuff like clothes)

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
It all depends on what your looking for or what you want to have done. Clothing, shells, boots, waders,etc. big box store can't beat the selection or the price. For instance just picked up some Bomber Long A's for fishing Walmart $5.96 one mile away from home local shop 15 miles away one way $12.00

Local guys for specialty items gunsmithing, bow tuning etc.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
cause I know a guy living local is supporting a family with his profits and my $$ isn't going toward some giant corporation
Whose shareholders and employees are going to spend their $$ just the same as the local owner. No need to bash corporate profits, its what makes the world go round and what provides jobs.

Regarding buying from the local guy we agree, and I know I always try there first because that local knowledge and the relationship you can build with a local store is invaluable. But the local shops need to be competitive or they don't survive, simple as that. And I do buy some things from big box stores as well.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
i was on a job in Harrisburg PA two days ago and swung into Bass pro Shop. im looking to buy a new bow release for the new loop on my string. The guy came up right away offering help and I told him my dilema of useing the same Tru-Fire ball bearing release for over 15 years and now need a caliper release. He said "oh, this is a good one here" and handed me a $19.00 release .
[ninja]
I thought,, HHHMMMMM,, somethings up here and asked if he bow hunts and he said "yes,all the time" I then asked whats the difference between a single and double caliper release,, he turned white and started reading the packages then admited he hasnt bow hunted in over 20 years.
I'll be going to Simon Peter this weekend to make the purchase

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I have never had a bad experince at Targeters and i must say that Rob remembers his customers I have not been to the shop in two years due to sickness that did not allow me to hunt but when i passed his booth at the show he came right up to me and said hello that impressed me a lot

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
whats great customer service worth
I have no problem paying up for great customer service. Both times I stopped in there I was not awknowldged for over 30 minutes and when I finally was it was with an attitude both times. If they treat you good there is no reason to look any further especially over a few dollars. But that is not the experience that I had with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.