New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm trying to by-pass a bit of a conundrum: the laws that force non-licensed archers to pay at syndicated ranges to get target practice (not being allowed to practice in your own backyard). I understand the laws and agree with their purpose, however it does hinder progress if you can't always budget for target practice.

That being said, after I've made myself my new bow, I was hoping to start something up with some licensed hunters as chaperones for unlicensed hunters-to-be at the public range in the WMA in Winslow to practice until the unlicensed hunter is good enough for their field test. Something that meets regularly on a schedule, maybe monthly, or twice a month. Perhaps using social media to arrange.

Yes, admittedly, this is a mostly selfish venture as I am trying to get in some practice for myself. However, should this prove successful, I would then have my license and be looking for any excuse to keep practicing. And one of those excuses would be to accompany someone who is where I once was.

I did say I would like to start this up AFTER I've made my new bow. I've compromised with the wife and she's agreed to let me buy the materials after our vacation in early November.

So, who's game? (pun not intended)

Ken

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Just go to a wma and shoot. Never seen anyone checked for archery. If questioned, say your practicing for your licence. I wouldn't worry

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
First of congrats on making yourself a bow. I don't think anyone is going to stop you if you explain to them your getting ready for your safety course. And secondly once a month is not enough practice time. I shoot every day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts