New Jersey Hunters banner

Archery Equipment

3K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Spltlim 
#1 ·
HEY BOWHUNTERCOP..WHAT DID YA GIT ??

#3 ·
I got the mathews switchback last week(finally)..i don't know if it's brand related or just vega verses rolls royce but i had a midrange bow(pse bruin,,$350.00)and could shoot it pretty well as far as groups,but the new bow is so much more accurate, quiet,and cost me 5 arrows so far(split them with another arrow)..i hate to wish the summer away but elk and deer hunting are all i can think about...my wife is BITCHIN cause all i do is work and shoot the bow and buy hunting equipment...i'm almost 50..gotta live right!!besides, i buy all my goodies with sidework money.....:D:D:D

#8 ·
I dont know if you guys are set on buying new bows...but if your willing to look used. You could find a slightly used Switchback, or Xtec, or just about anything over at ArcheryTalk.com

Their classifieds have to be the best. If you check on the person your dealing with, you usually make out like a bandit.

I have bought two bows off of there....both were GREAT, like new, and practically half the cost of new. Some of those guys change bows, like I change underwear....once a week.:D

Give it a look if you know exactly what you want!---Matt:)

#13 ·
Sgt. What hoyts are you looking at getting?:)

Ive owned so many its not even funny, but the most recent ones were the Ultratec, Xtec, and Sierratec.

A little tip for you if you get a cam and a half.

If you want raw speed, and dont care about a very harsh draw, order your bow so that your draw length is in the "E" or "F" positions.

If you want a super smooth draw and a minimal loss in speed, try to order your bow so your draw length is in the "A", "B" or "C" positions.

If you really want to tinker, order it so your in the E or F, but then long string it by a half inch, and put it in D or E. This gives speed and a smoother draw force curve.

Best of luck picking out a new hoyt....they are all pretty nice.

Oh but one last tip, if you want the Vtec, just buy an Xtec....it is the same exact bow, with the same exact specs, except those lil riser wingie things. You will NOT notice ONE bit of performance difference, however your wallet will see a small difference.

Have a good one---Matt:)

#15 ·
SGT. I was writing while you mentioned the budget.

Go to archerytalk.com and search the classifieds.

Or if you want, tell me what your looking for and I will find you a good deal.

You can definitely find a top of the line hoyt for about $350-450 instead of $600-700. Some of them even come with pretty nice accessories.

Im telling you, let me know, and I will try to hook you up with a great deal. If you live close, I can even help you get it set up and tuned. I even have a thirty yard range in my back yard!:)

Always willing to help with archery bud.:)

So what type of SGT. are you? Army Marine Airforce Police...?

#20 ·
By the way, I dont think Gander Mountain carries Hoyts?!?!?!?

I went to the one in Middletown, and they didnt have Hoyt...unless they picked them up recently.

If you want a new bow, for less, look at Reflex. They are hoyts, but somewhat cheaper. The Timberwolf is practically an Ultratec, and the Superslam is almost identical to an Xtec. Minus a hundred or so dollars!:)

#22 ·
I think I might have been there one time while you were there last year. Some one was talking about where they live or work and I was thinking to my self wow what a ride. We may even have talked in the lot waiting for the place to open. Doesn't matter just a thought. Thanks for your reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.