New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent hunted archery in a few years and well i got the itch this week and dusted off my bow. i went to get my license and they said that it wasent in the system, i called the dec in the state i had the archery license and they told me they didnt have a record of it either. well needless to say i have to take my archery license over again. my question is how do i find a class close to me , i tried the dec website and was lost. any help would be greatly appreciated.

eddie

·
Registered
3,796 Posts

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
https://www.nj.wildlifelicense.com/ALS/course/course_report.php

What I have been told in the past, if the class is full you can show up they will take you. Maybe I am not supposed to say that, but I have done it, as well as many others I know. Good luck

That's perfectly OK to say. I saw Keith Griglak just the other day, and he runs the northern hunter ed classes. He was telling me how early tests were averaging about 110% of registration which means 10% walk-ins. But recently, he's down to 60% to 80% which means lots are not showing up after registering. Just go to the one most convenient and make sure you have your workbook filled out and your CID info if you're in the license system and once you pass the test, they will give you a handwritten safety course certificate.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
That's perfectly OK to say. I saw Keith Griglak just the other day, and he runs the northern hunter ed classes. He was telling me how early tests were averaging about 110% of registration which means 10% walk-ins. But recently, he's down to 60% to 80% which means lots are not showing up after registering. Just go to the one most convenient and make sure you have your workbook filled out and your CID info if you're in the license system and once you pass the test, they will give you a handwritten safety course certificate.
Keith is a good guy! Haven't seen him since the last Peaquest open house. They never turn away "walk ins" just show up to a class with your completed workbook and take the test. Keith usually does field the walk through at Clinton. Took my nephew to him last fall for the test.

Reactions: Bucksnbows

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Don't know where your located but there is a class at Ground Swipers in Lacey Oct 18

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.