New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
I am recently moved to NJ from TX originally. I grew up farming and neighbors hunted but only my grandpa did and he wouldnt teach me, so i never learned as a kid. I'm looking to learn now and while researching the rules in NJ I found that I can get an Apprentice Lisence and work with a "mentor hunter" to learn, and then pursue my hunting lisence following that. I'm super interested in this, but not sure where/how I go about finding someone to be my mentor hunter? I'm hoping to find a mentor hunter who is also a woman as well.
I am mostly looking to learn about game birds, and im looking to learn to do my hunting with a bow, not any guns right now. Working on a farm ive done some slaughther and evicerating of regular chickens but i havent processed any hunted birds and I havent done it outside of a processing facility really. I'm not sure how the zones work but I am in the area around Colts Neck but im also willing to travel up to an hour and a half if I can find someone willing to teach me.
Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
the monmouth county park hunt is a good place to start with bowhunting. Some of the parks get very little pressure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts