New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some left over apples from apple picking that we won't eat plus some scraps from making apple sauce. I was thinking of putting them out on Thursday. I know the deer won't go there on Thursday as I haven't baited before. Do you think they could be around the site on Saturday or do I have to give them more time? Haven't baited before.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, hopefully I can get one on Saturday. I have corn feed for the protected deer in my backyard. Could I put some of that out with the apples too?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Oddly enough there are natural apples on the ground where I hunt and the deer are not touching them. These apples are rotting on the ground. I even sprayed them with C'Mere Deer and no takers. Perhaps the abundance of acorns has them focused on that.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I was up to my property on Sunday AM. I trimmed a tree for my climber and put down about 20 small apples. On Monday I hunted that tree and the apples where gone.I always rub one apple on a tree to disperse the scent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.