New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Still early. You make it sound like it's supposed to be cut and dry/ easy. I found 830 to 11 some of the best action takes place on morning sits. Especially if the first few guys get cold ad start moving they push deer around leaving. Here they come!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
No deer movement... I heard so many times deer will move better during the cold.

Someone forgot to tell them that lmao.

Slow morning thus far.
That's why it's called hunting not killing....Need to put time in to harvest a deer. If it was that easy then there would be no deer left. Stay with it man and you will score a deer soon enough...especially now.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still early. You make it sound like it's supposed to be cut and dry/ easy. I found 830 to 11 some of the best action takes place on morning sits. Especially if the first few guys get cold ad start moving they push deer around leaving. Here they come!
Its a joke... just like largemouth dont read books. [ko]

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
You're most likely over hunting your spots. From what I read on here you are hunting just about everyday. For you to hunt that much and be successful you need way more than your two to three setups it more like two to three for every diff wind direction. To hunt like you do you need like six to ten diff spots to juggle around. I won't hunt a spot more than twice in one week and some spots are more like twice in one season and some never get hunted but its there if I need it. Winds need to be right and conditions need to be right. If you spook deer it needs to be left alone a week or more. Huntings fun and a good way to spend time but can very easily and quickly be overdone.

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
Really?
so you are on your phone playing with it posting nonsense about gayness while complaining about not seeing deer.....
Get off the phone and pay attention in the woods....

Yep you sound like a 14yo boy wanting instant gratification...

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Really?
so you are on your phone playing with it posting nonsense about gayness while complaining about not seeing deer.....
Get off the phone and pay attention in the woods....

Yep you sound like a 14yo boy wanting instant gratification...
Imnot seeing deer because another hunter who is 100 yards away cant stay still.

He is pretty much right where the deer travrl from.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
You're most likely over hunting your spots. From what I read on here you are hunting just about everyday. For you to hunt that much and be successful you need way more than your two to three setups it more like two to three for every diff wind direction. To hunt like you do you need like six to ten diff spots to juggle around. I won't hunt a spot more than twice in one week and some spots are more like twice in one season and some never get hunted but its there if I need it. Winds need to be right and conditions need to be right. If you spook deer it needs to be left alone a week or more. Huntings fun and a good way to spend time but can very easily and quickly be overdone.
Hope you read that carefully. Biggest mistake guys make is over pressuring a spot. A couple mature does will get wise very quick and then start to skirt your set and this time of year you want aa many does as possible at your set. Some guys forget that and think they only need to be worried about bumping a buck or getting picked off by a buck. When really if you turn your spot into a doe haven bucks will find you. We have had a lot of different winds this week so as stated I hope you aren't sitting in the same spot every time bc it is highly unlikely that your set is good for all wind directions and Both times of the day. Good luck

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
As i said, you need to give your spots a rest. Seeing a guy fidgeting at 100 yards where the deer come out would be enough for me to abandon that stand for awhile. There is a chance the deer might skirt him, but then they probably have you pegged already from hunting the spot too much.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Imnot seeing deer because another hunter who is 100 yards away cant stay still.

He is pretty much right where the deer travrl from.
Try taking your own advice about not staying still.

You have to give stands a break. Hunting the same stand more than 2x a week I feel is too much. This is why I have 5 different public spots I hunt. All with a portable climber.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.