New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had sod put down and had to move a couple pieces and plant some flowers and noticed grubs. My contractor just fertilized but is there something seperate I need to put down to kill grubs?

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
put down grub X it will last all season
Is that ok to add now? The sods only been down 2 weeks and they fertilized it the other day. Does it have fertilizer in it or just an insect control? Oh ya you know what was wrong with my water pressure. I must have bought a bad whole house filter. Even though it was brand new it was restricting water flow.

·
Registered
497 Posts
glad you got away cheap wih the water problem. That is always great to a have a quick fix when a problem could be bad.
As for the lawn. It will not harm the new grass if you put down grub X . It will not burn it is only insectiside. No fert at all. Grub X is not cheap as you might find a differnt brand but I only used the X and I am not sure about the other brands.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Grubs will start to eat now when the soil reaches 70 Deg.
Then the crows will come and dig up your lawn to eat the grubs. I watch it happen each year to my neighbors lawn. Finally this year while doing my lawn I put the grub-ex on hers also.

I called Scotts
You should wait 7 days after fertilizing before putting down the grub-x they said 2 weeks was better.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should wait 7 days after fertilizing before putting down the grub-x they said 2 weeks was better.
sh*t too late I already applied the grub x...hope it kills them ugly little things..i dont need them eating the roots of my kentucky bluegrass[eyeroll]

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can put the grub x down now, even though the sod is new it wont hurt it. Just make sure to water it in. Wait again until the end of June, beginning of July and throw it down again. If you still see grubs or eggs, you're gonna need something stronger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts