·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Can't seems interesting though.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll see the deer that you can't get shots at LOL & more. Hey bowhuntercop we'll go north of 80 & tree a bear. I know of one big boar that can't climb . He'll stand with the dogs until I walk in & take the dogs off him.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Is coon still open during the night time Coyote/ Fox season? I may take you up it then, if I am able too.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's open from Oct 1 to mar 1 . 7 days a week except 6 day deer & 3 days in permit doe.
Why during coyote/fox?

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
What would you do with a coon if you shot it? You gonna eat it?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope use it for coyote bait. I skin them for fur. You can have them to eat if you like but you have to carry them out yourself.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I know of one big boar that can't climb . He'll stand with the dogs until I walk in & take the dogs off him.
And I thought I was weird/crazy!:eek:

Do you run through the woods chasing after the dogs, or is it a casual stroll, so you dont break a leg on rocks, logs and ditches? Do you use flashlights while walking/running? Im guessing you use a spotlight on the coons, right? Also, would you be able to watch a grown man cry as we run into all the bruiser bucks no one ever sees in the daylight? Please excuse my ignorance, but I just dont know a darn thing about coon hunting.

I might be willing to try it one night, but not tonight, I have to go out.

Hope someone goes with you, Id like to hear about it from a newbies perspective.:D

B

·
0 Posts
Hey bowhuntercop we'll go north of 80 & tree a bear. I know of one big boar that can't climb . He'll stand with the dogs until I walk in & take the dogs off him.
OK lets go get him[up]

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Heck NO i would not eat one of them things. I would not even skin one out. Hell I think I would rather let them nasty things be.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Hey Bob, Im also interested in shooting coyotes with my bow. Anyway we can do that sometime?

Im not really interested in anything but deer right now, but as the rut wears on, I'll get burned out and look at hunting something else for a day or tow. I've called in a few coyotes over the years, just cant get one of them dang things with the bow.

You cant do the special nighttime season for them with a bow can you?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I thought I was weird/crazy!

Do you run through the woods chasing after the dogs, or is it a casual stroll, so you dont break a leg on rocks, logs and ditches? Do you use flashlights while walking/running? Im guessing you use a spotlight on the coons, right? Also, would you be able to watch a grown man cry as we run into all the bruiser bucks no one ever sees in the daylight? Please excuse my ignorance, but I just dont know a darn thing about coon hunting.

I might be willing to try it one night, but not tonight, I have to go out.

Hope someone goes with you, Id like to hear about it from a newbies perspective.It's easy walk. Turn the hound off into the darkness & wait for them to hit a track. When they hit one they take off bawling on the track. We keep within hear distance. When they tree they change over to a howl. We walk in spot light the the coon.. load the .22 & out falls the coon.
Can't help with the yote/fox calling. I snare them!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bring flea powder! lots of flea powder!! LOL
I have a spot I have to hit next week. They are running the deer big time! My buddy lost 2 to them. One buck he hit ran off only to come right back with the coyotes on his heels.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts