New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going up to my club property this weekend, and was wondering if anyone was interested in doing some bowhunting up there.

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Generous offer. I'm tied up this weekend. Where in the Catskills is your property? Was planning to start hunting up there this year but an accident this summer postponed my hunting season.
I keep a trailer in Roscoe. Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our club is located in a small town called Oakland Valley. Its on the Orange/Sullivan county border. Pretty rugged hunting. Very steep in spots. Big woods too....we have 180 acres, backed up by 10,000 acres of the Neversink Unique Area.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Club is in the Gorge area. If you are heading up Rt.7 off Rt.209, we are on Griffin Rd. which is on the right before you hit the bridge going over the Neversink.

We don't hunt the gorge itself, but we have some ledges a few guys hunt with success. I'm hunting a ridge overlooking a saddle this year, hopefully I'll have some luck.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lots of Bears....

Rumor has it that alot of "problem" bears are relocated to the gorge area. Guys in the club have seen bears with ear tags etc...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts