New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to quite my bow a little and dont wanna buy a new one as I am in the market for a AR-15.Anyways I notice all new bows have this.Is there anyone here who installed one.I'm looking at the Sims string decelerator from cabelas.Any insight?After market ones?

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
i like the dead end string stop better but u can put on yourself

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
They work great makes your bow quieter & give you better arrow release from the string.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
check there website and make sure it does im telling ya its worth it

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
The limbsaver one will work for most hoyts, it has to be mounted in the front hole since hoyt doesn't have a rear hole. The new carbon riser bows are a different story. I have used some front mounted STS's on hoyts and a few side mounts that either use the lower quiver hole or one of the riser shox holes. I liked the riser shox hole method best. I used to order them from a guy on archerytalk goes by the handle cool hand luke over there.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I have a dxt and never really heard about them til this year sound good but my bows already silent used bows for 10 years without one dont really think i need one.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I had an sts put on my last bow and it made a world of difference. 50 dollars turned it into a whole new bow. Cut the vibe out and made it super quiet. It's worth it. Easy to install and affordable. Get a good one though there are some crappy ones out there

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I've never used the sims one so I don't know how well they work, but results with any string stop will vary. If your bow is tuned properly and you aren't shooting real light arrows it should be pretty quiet to begin with. I've put stops on bows that made a noticable difference and on others I couldn't tell any difference at all. What model hoyt do you have?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I replaced the junk stock suppressor on my 101st Airborne with a Mean V suppressor. Huge improvement over the stock suppressor. Their customer service is great. Highly recommended!!

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
[up] A string suppressor is the one best thing you can do for any bow. I took off my string leeches once I had the suppressor.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Honestly I haven't seen much benefit on the older cam and a half hoyts, especially the shorter riser models like the razor tec. I would look on archery talk classifieds for a used STS cheap and try that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts