New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9,782 Posts
It usually takes me 4 and a half hours from philly driving like a normal person. lol now if i really want to push it I can do it in 3 and half....
Holy cow! You drive slow!:p:p

Takes me about 5 hours to get to Tyler from Roxbury. We usually head out super early in the morning, or really late at night to miss any and all traffic. The one year we went out, we left my house at midnight, and didnt get there till 7am. It was tough going though, it was freezing rain most the way out, and heavy snow as we got closer. I hope to go out there for a few days later on in the year. (didnt buy a PA license this year, so it will just be for sightseeing):)

Guys if any of you can take the trip out there with him, DO IT. It is awesome hunting out there. BIG Beautiful woods, filled with plenty of animals. Elk, Bear, Deer......Bring a camera too, because that place rivals anywhere East of the Mississipi. The white birch forest in a snowstorm is magnificent![up]

· Registered
9,782 Posts
Matty
My dad was born and raised up there in Tyler!
Do you have family there? Theres still only like 70 people in the whole town
No family, but a good friend of mine owns a cabin out there with five acres, he belongs to a club that owns land that borders Parker Dam state park. (Cant think of the clubs name) Basically we are surrounded by hundreds of thousands of acres of huntable land.

The town of Tyler (if you want to call it a town LOL) is small, seventy people sounds about right, if not a little on the high side.:D I wouldnt be surprised if the population triples during hunting season. Lots of guys from Ohio own camps there, the locals call them "road hunters". The only place Ive been to with an even smaller population was Kokadjo Maine. It basically consists of a husband and wife and someone else. (population of three) NO JOKE......the rest of the people that go there are snowmobilers, hunters, and fisherman. Absolutely gorgeous though....Just like Parker Dam.

Anyway, Ive been going out there every year now for the past four years. I love it...[up][up]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.