New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal, I've been thinking of getting a Excalibur recurve with a pin sight set up, heard good things about Excalibur recurve xbows.

·
Registered
21,477 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its so hard to choose. but it is a great deal and ive been hearing alot of great reviews and havn't seen on bad review[up] the only thing that i see that i dont like is the speed[mad] 305 isnt that fast ya think?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
If he bought it before 2010...the warranty (lifetime) is transferrable to you. Excalibur has a reputation for rock-solid crossbows and great customer service. The one issue with any recurve crossbow is the width....if it will not cause you a problem based on your hunting situations....grab it...it's a good deal...

Even if you end up wanting to sell it...that should not be a problem....there's almost always a market for used Excaliburs

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
i looked at excaliburs like ringwood say too wide for a lot of things and all crossbows are hard to maneuver without buying an extra wide one. Positives is I was told nearly indestructable and shoots good. Negatives I was told very loud they are very wide they are not very fast compared to other xbows.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I never had a problem with mine being to wide. I hunt out of a climber and ladder stand. And for it being to loud I wouldn't worry about that by the time they hear it the bolts already gone threw them. I got 20 plus deer with mine and not one ever jumped the string.with my farthest being a 53 yard shot. Mine shoots 350 fps and is a tac driver. If you ever wanna shoot it let me no.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
They are a good Xbow's for treestands, both loc ons and ladders alike. However, in a blind is another story. They are indestructable, I had mine pulled back and was walking to the stand this year in Maryland, and needed to fill a doe tag. 15 yards from the stand I see a doe feeding, I put an arrow on the rail and held for a moment and let fly. The limb struck a small sapling which was not an issue when the limbs were at full draw, however when released they actually flex forward, which is what happened, and the arrow obviously missed. The good news is there was no damage to the bow, which may not have been the case with a wheel xbow.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Just remember this, "You get what you pay for". That goes a long way in the xbow world. There seems to be a $700 line you need to cross to get a good xbow.

The Phoenix is "ok". Excalibur's are really nice but they are way too wide.

Save some more cash, bow season is a long way off to worry about buying it right now.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I love my Excalibur Axiom!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Thanks ringwood. i like the wicked ridge invader but that only shoots only shoots 305
305 or 205 it all does the same shit if you hit ther deer right i used the wicked ridge all year love it will never get rid of it took out a 9 point and a 8 this year with it so i guess 305 enough.. im shooting the warrior

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I don't see a problem shooting from a blind...sit back away from the window so the limbs don't hit anything...or get the bow out the window some. My Grandson shot two does from the blind with me right next to him. I love my Excalibur.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.