New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 2 miles from rt78 there are 2 to 3 sections of 6 foot stockade fence attached to a 4ft chainlink fence facing the woods. it's about 20 yards from the highway. you can see a treestand maybe 20 yards from the fence. so this hunter is shooting towards the highway and put this fence up to block the shots. i don't know, i hope he isn't shooting slugs.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Maybe he did not put it up! Don't sound like a great Idea to me! Maybe the treestand is for Bowseason, because a Trooper surely would see the Fluorescent Orange from the HWY.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it went up right before shotgun season. theres no homes around. it's just woods. looks weird. the wood sticks out because it is so new.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I drive by it every day, was wondering why it was put up.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drive by it every day, was wondering why it was put up.
look to the left of it about 20 yards...you'll see a treestand. i guess a run goes right past it and that's his only shot. dangerous i think.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I just driving back to work coming down 287 south and saw this fence, was driving to fast to see a stand. Lots of dead does up there on the road.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I believe between exit 24 and 25. It stands out like a sore thumb, looks to be a brand new wooden fence hung agout 3 feet off the ground attached to a chain link fence. I looked over there it was and remembered woj's post

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe between exit 24 and 25. It stands out like a sore thumb, looks to be a brand new wooden fence hung agout 3 feet off the ground attached to a chain link fence.
Exactly!!!! that's it.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I've got to check it out. I haven't been on 78 since buck week. Sounds odd though why a hunter would do it. Must be some eyesore.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
i went to cabelas last week, and in pa we saw a guyabout 50 yards off the highway up in a tree with orange on. the funny thing is, we saw about five does about 100 yards away from him heading in his direction. pretty ridiculous that we saw the deer from the road before he was going too...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i hunt a spot that has the deer running on the outside of a fence along rt 18, and they come into the property at one of 2 cuts from trees that have fallen. If we drive the property - they go for the openings and run straight across the highway.

They actually bed between the fence and the highway - which is no more than 25 ft of scub brush and honey suckle

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I smell a SLOB Hunter

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
today when i passed it i looked good at his stand. his stand even faces the fence (rt287).

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
there is no law that says you have to be x amount of feet from a road, you just cant shoot on it or across it. atleast im pretty sure,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.