New Jersey Hunters banner

ANYONE SEE BEARS WHILE ARCHERY DEER HUNTING ?

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  230grain hollowpoint 
G
#1 ·
Anyone here who has been archery deer hunting see any bears yet? Not including the hunter who was chased

#5 ·
No bears were I hunt, zone 10 flemington area. I did talk to a park ranger and he say that they had two bear incidents in that area. I hope they stay up North, I hate to see my feeders get messed up[cool]

#6 ·
Nope no bears yet. I"m hunting Mendham now not far from the black river bear. I'm in zone 9. When I go to zone 6 I'm sure I'll see bear up there,Even though I hav'nt seen one yet while hunting in the 6 years I've been up there. Everyone else has but me. I'm sure I will this year though, I'm going in deeper where I see alot more buck action. Can't wait till Oct 1.

#7 ·
I had a bear walk in front of my motorcycle on my way home from work around 5:00pm yesterday. It was on Netcong Road in Budd Lake and it walked into Turkey Brook Park.

It was the second one I've seen there in the last 2 weeks. Definitley 2 different bears based on size and color.

#10 ·
SX: how big and there colors?

The one I saw 2 weeks ago was jet black. Looked to be 150 - 200lbs. He was only there for a few seconds. When he saw my truck he turned and bolted.

Yesterday's bear was a little bigger, I'm guessing 250 - 3000lbs. This one wasn't so black. More like a brownish black. Long legs too. It walked accross the road like it couldn't care less about any traffic, nice and slow. A car in front of me had to stop and let it pass. I had to stop behind the car and there was a UPS truck behind me that stopped and watched the bear for a while. The bear was at most 40 feet away from me.

#14 ·
Jumped a small bear today in a powerline thicket.

There has to be a MUCH bigger one in there than just that one though, because the berry trees were snapped off at about 7 foot high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.