New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Since I have been on NJH for about a year I have had the pleasure of talking to many of you when you sent me a PM asking questions about how to shoot outdoor videos. These have included questions on cameras and their proper use, how to capture better audio, and what kind of tree arm to use for the best possible results to name just a few.
Since the cost of a good digital video camera has become more affordable, many of you have either already bought a camera or are thinking about doing so. Sadly, just owning a good video camera will not by itself make you a good outdoor cameraman. If you want to shoot hunting or fishing video, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
With that being said I have decided to see if there is enough interest from our members (although NJH membership is not required) to offer a one day outdoor video workshop to be held somewhere in the center of the state sometime in July. There would be a nominal cost for the workshop to cover the expenses of renting a room at a nice location and to cover the cost for coffee and buns. I would propose the workshop would be six or seven hours with a one-hour lunch break. The handout information alone each person would receive from the workshop would be more than worth the nominal cost to each participant.
I along with a couple of guest instructors will cover lots of basics and advanced techniques you can use to become a better outdoor video camera man or woman.
This will be a great workshop for not only those who already own or are thinking about buying a video camera, but also for those who wish to work with a camera owner or buddy and video hunts or fishing trips together.
As for your instructors, all will be experienced professionals who have already been involved with the production of national hunting and fishing shows. I myself own Excalibur video productions a general video production company specializing in television production. I have produced hundreds of cable television shows. I have also had my own national outdoor television show that ran for three and a half years on the Sportsman Channel. My show is called “Greg Hopf’s Deer Quest Outdoor Adventures” I know many of you have seen my shows and I have had the pleasure of meeting lots of NJH members at the various seminars I give such as ones at The Garden State Sportsman Show in Raritan, and at the World Fishing Expo in Rockland County. One of the guest instructors who has already committed to workshop is Randy Dillon of Dillon Outdoors. I am also hoping to have Michele and Jim Leqve of Bows R us Outdoors join the instructor group. Some of you may recall that Michele was the first woman to take a Polar bear with a compound bow. The entire hunt was captured on video by Jim and they produced an excellent DVD of the hunt. They have also shot and appeared on several episodes of my television show along with appearances on several other national shows.
Well that is my proposal. What I would like to know is how many of you would be interested in attending such a workshop. Please take a minute and send me a PM and give me your name and an E-mail address for follow-up information. I will check this and bump it several times over the next week or so to get a handle on the interest. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Till then,
Yours in sportsmanship,
Greg Hopf

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I think you know Dave and I are already interested. Great Post Greg! Excellent opportunity for all the beginners and pro's alike.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NJ Bowhunter. a very nice package at a real fair price. someone should snap this up if they want to get started. I have used both the GL1 and GL2 and these are a very good cameras for outdoor use. You also are including something extra which is very nice and that is the shotgun mic! Anyone taking this work show should know that we will cover the use of the GL2 when we go through our camera section. Good luck to who ever is quick enough to grab this deal![up][up][up]

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One luck guy just PM'ed me that he took NJBowhnter up on that great camera offer I commented on! Nice going a great deal and a great camera for you to "GET IN THE GAME" I am looking forward to seeing that you get the full potential out of that camera!!!:D[up][up][up]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.