New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wanted to go Pheasant Hunting in South Dakota so I'm finally going to put together a trip for 2010 as I dont have any Vacation Time left for this Year. I have about 4 guys so far (though that can change when it comes down to leaving a deposit). I dont want to go just anywhere as many places out there are just over crowded and have terrible accomodations. I also would like to hunt 100% Wild as I feel that if I wanted to hunt at a Preserve I can do that here. This is one of the places that I am considering. Pheasant Hunt Anyone interested?

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I was till I checked out their rates!!!!3,150.00 for a 7 day trip!!! 450.00 per day! not included is food or lodgeing? That's a bit steep. I'd love to go but not at that price! I'll look around to and see what else is out there.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
That's still over 1200.00, at that place food and lodging is extra there. There has got to be a place that offers a better deal for wild birds no?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would include $400 or so for airfare unless you would be driving (21+ hours). I drove to Maine, Illinois, Alabama, Michigan, Wisconsin etc.... and my back just cant take them long rides anymore. Had 3 surgeries and them long rides are killin me

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have a place I am looking into that is also a Vizsla breeder. Going to check out another pup.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I went to ScatterGun in last fall, a once in a lifetime trip.I will absoultly return.
null

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
ever think of putting together a DIY pheasant hunt to save some money? tons of public land and walk in areas all over the place [up]

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
im going in Oct. and doing a DIY with my 2 braques . ive done a ton or research and your crazy not to DIY and get a hotel and knock on doors and hunt farms. im paying for gas and foos and a cheap hotel. cant beat it .

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Top shelve you'll pay to be cattered to and feed so you can't walk.

DYO for like 1500.00 for 6 days each 2 guys thats where I'd want to be. Fly out and rent a 4x4 plenty of hook ups.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Ditto on the DIY. Motels in the hunting areas are dog-friendly and welcome hunters. Or you can fly out and rent a camper to travel to the CRP lands. Don't forget sharptails and huns in N. Dakota. I'd also recommend Kansas for a combined pheasant & quail bag.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.