New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Unless you are in Law Enforcement or work in a job that requires you carry a firearm (security company, armored truck driver) there is virtually no hope for a NJ resident carry permit.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
yep, what BT said[down]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Yep,

Retired LE permit to carry. And because of HR-218 I can carry Nationwide (any State)

Still lots of Hoops to jump through to get it.

And I must:

Qualify 2X/year

$50/year for the permit

Cannot carry Hollow Points ( biggest joke of all)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Applying for an NJ CCW is something you probably should not do unless you qualify for one of the narrow exceptions noted above.

Why not? If yo apply you will be denied. If then you apply for a CCW from another state you will be asked if you were ever denied a CCW from any jurisdiction. The answer will be "Yes". That is not going to make it easy to get a CCW elsewhere.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
433 Posts
Retired LE permit to carry. And because of HR-218 I can carry Nationwide (any State)
Although many states may honor New Jersey's retired police officer (RPO)permit and therefore allow one to legally carry, under HR-218 the the empolyer must issue a photo ID card AND...
"a certification issued by the State in which the individual resides that indicates that the individual has, not less recently than one year before the date the individual is carrying the concealed firearm, been tested or otherwise found by the State to meet the standards established by the State for training and qualification for active law enforcement officers to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm"

Importantly (and to show how really messed up the NJ laws are), in Joseph Zarellei v. Stuart Rabner, AG of New Jersey the Court decided that the qualification record as provided under the RPO is notthe qualification record as required by HR-218. Further the Court concluded that it could be...if the State of NJ wanted it to...but it cannot be compelled to issue a "State Certification" to meet the requirements of HR-218.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i can,just not off my land.

BTW CCW does means CONCEALED carry weapon, kinda like DON'T ASK DON'T TELL. so if you're packing and you can legally own them in this state. i won't ask. just as long as you don't ask me if i'm carrying.

legal disclaimer>>>>>> DO NOT DO AS I (MAY) DO WITHOUT A PERMIT TO DO SO. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GET INTO TROUBLE.

nj laws SUCK
i'll 3rd that

·
Registered
9,204 Posts

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Just goes to show you NJ law makers know nothing about the laws they pass. They would rather someone shoot through their intended target than have a bullet stop and not hurt a bystander. Why is this? Because Hollow point ammunition were villified as "cop killer" bullets by anti-gun organizations like HCI and Ceasefire. They were even misclassified as "armor piercing" when in fact they are the opposite of an armor piercing solid round.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
nj laws SUCK

I would like to 4th that
I would 5th that, but NJ Laws keep me employed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts