New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback from anyone who ever hurt their shoulder drawing their bow.

Recently went and bought a Hoyt Ultrasport. Pulled it at 60 first time and had the shop turn it down to 55lbs. Used to pull 63lbs shooting fingers. First time shooting a release and pulling differently.Shot about 24 arrows. Last 3 over exerted myself and I have been sore for 9 days. Taking 2000mg motrin a day plus muscle relaxant at night and still have some pain. I will have them go down to 50lbs next session and work up. Injured the shoulder years ago and thought it was all better. Now I'm thinking of seeing the Doc this week for something cause I think the rotator cuff is torn. Old age sucks!!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Try turning the bow down and working back up.. your using muscles that your not used to using..My father had his rotator cuff operated on..He shoots around 40 - 45 lbs..I am trying to get him to buy a Parker with the EZ-draw cam..Its a real real smooth drawing bow even smother than your hoyt with the cam n ahalf..Its a single cam bow but the cam is a cross between a soft cam and a wheel...very smooth draw cycle..feels like your drawing 10lbs lighter than what your really drawing..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts