New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know if anyone is hunting Zone 43 this year. I know the season has not started in 43 yet, but just wondering because there are some big ole bucks in the area...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked at the NJ state kill records and in this particular zone 43 there wasn't very many deer killed last year at all, maybe 200... I do understand why because of the size of the WMA and terrain of the woods out here. I currently have (2) 8 pointers and a (1) 10 pointer feeding from my bait pile right now, so I hope to bag one of them early... They love the sweet beats and the apples I provide for them... jcoastie what area of the reserve do you hunt?

seeya

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm in bevan I have a few areas I have had good luck with but I have never baited that area. I actually drive through the area to get to work and have been seeing a lot of deer lately, all does though. I don't spend a whole lot of time there since I have a couple stands in 31 that have been pretty good to me. What area are you in

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am mainly in 43, but I also hunt 31 by the prison... I have always had good luck in 43, and also in the Bear Swamp... Most people wont even try to go in that swamp, but there is some monster deer in there that are hard to get.. If interested I have sat down with some friend and we are starting an all around sportsman club here in Sjersey.
I will let you know more if you want details...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have been looking for a club in the area so let me know the details. I also hunt pretty close to the prison, actually across the street from it. I know there are a few stands up but I have never seen too many people in that area. never even looked at bear swamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts