New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i bhunt 50 - but very small pieces - only bow. have to beg to get permision. But also have grown to enjoy it more as there are few people around - just some houses.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also hunt a few small pieces in 50. It's not easy to get permission, but well worth it when you do. My main spot in 50 is a 15 acre farm, it's small, but me and my Dad are the only ones who hunt it, so it works for us.[cool]

·
11,226 Posts
Sometimes those little spots are the best spots! The best piece of property I ever hunted was a skinny 18 acre piece! It had a nature preserve on one side. A game club hunted the piece on the other side of the preserve. It had huge farm fields across the street that had steady hunting pressure and another club on the opposite side from the preserve. The deer traffic moving through this little slab of land I was allowed to hunt was awesome! Non-stop all day! Some good bucks too. The clubs would drive the preserve and thier own pieces and me and my dad would just sit all day watching the deer run back and forth!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Beleive it or not, I have a 3 acre peice in a wooded part of Marlboro - buddys house> I have people surrounding me who hunt, but they are mostly gun. Biggest problem is when the deer dies off the property. Use to be a problem till 2 years ago, I was sitting in my tree and had a small buck drop dead under neith me. 30 minutes later, 2 guys comewalking over - One of which had made a big stink about going onto their land etc. Now the shoe was on the other foot. Cut the deal on the spot. But did it politly by getting them to agree that we should be working with each other. I am set up so my shots do not reach their property (bow) so they cant say I am shootin gon their property. We shook hands - I help them drag, and this year had an 11 pointer I shot die 50 yards in on their property. Pulled him out knowing they were fine with it. By the way, the 11 point did come off their hill -but who is keeping track of the details.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have about 7 acres of private land that backs up to open space, the owners tell me they have been seeing an eigth walkin around in the a.m, I haven't been deer hunting in 3 to 4 years. But I'm back as of monday :D:D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool...

I won't be able to hunt the opener, but was wondering if anyone wanted to hunt during permit season together? maybe we can drive some pieces of state land together.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
today was my only day to get out this week. I hunt primarly in colts neck - and most every peice of land will be driven from tomorrow on - one primary farmer gets access and walks through everywhere. The snow was a nice change and got the deer up and moving early this afternoon

Lifehog - any luck in the area today? I freind killed a 145 cl [no swearing please] 12 point this morning on 537 in colts neck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts