New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out saturday morning in zone 14. Set up at my private location, no luck. Set up at another spot I had scouted and found fresh tracks but no calls. Anyone else hunt zone 14? This is my first year hunting turkey, should I be hearing calls back right away or should I sit for a long time and wait? I watch those turkey videos but some of them Im sure they cut out the hours and hours of trial and error.

Dennis

·
Registered
91 Posts
hey drome
I've been reading the boards and watching this turkey zone report and its been lonely in here. I went out Mon and Tues to Colliers Mills. I might have heard a gooble Tues but that could have been my lack of sleep. Wed it was too to hunt so I caught some trout. I tried Manchester WMA on Fri but didn't hear a anything although I saw some deer. I probaly try Manchester again Wed or thursday then hunt Pa on Sat for their opener. please post if you hear or see anything in zone 14.
Thanks[cool]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some private land in lakehurst, not a gobble or noise for miles, then I tried colliers mills north, saw some tracks but not a sound. Went around to hawkins road and walked pretty far out the back end of the main entrance and nothing.

Planted my food plot a little too late this season to bring the turkeys in. Im going out again tommorow morning. Ill keep you posted.

Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts