New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone hunts in Lincoln Park / Fairfield. I bow hunted LP a few times years ago with some success. I currently work in Fairfield which is right down the road. Figure it would be a nice place to hunt right after work for a few hours.

B

·
0 Posts
my friends did a few years ago, saw some nice bucks but also saw lots of the so called COY-DOGS, they said they would follow my friends out of woods growling, so they had enough. I walked it with them after there 1st season, very swampy area, I myself would like to find a good area to hunt it after work also.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Luv2 hunt, where do you work, I work in Fairfield as well, i didnt think you could hunt around here, or so I have been told

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
You can only bowhunt on the 80 east side of Fairfield the rest is open to all seasons.Im not sure what the Lincoln Park regs are but both towns have a good deer pop. and some big bucks.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imb21, i work right on Passaic Avenue and New Dutch Lane intersection, right next to the airport. What about you? I know hunting is permitted in Fairfield, I just don't really know where. That's why I started this thread, hoping to get some feedback. I know of an area or two in Lincoln Park, but it's been years since I hunted there. I know there are a few sizable clubs that hunt both towns, but I also heard the waiting list to get in is rediculous. imb21, maybe if we do some homework, we can find out more info. and have a place literally 5 min. from where we work. That would be sswwweeeeett!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I work in parsippany and also tried to find land to hunt in fairfield, but it's my understanding that if your not a cop in town or friends of a cop, then your not hunting in fairfield.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I heard the same thing from more than one person to. I friend moved his business to fairfield last year. It backs up to the airport. By just looking from his parking lot,I could see some nice rubs. Guess, what Im not a cop.[down]

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Luv2hunt, I work for a company called Tech-Air/Total Maintenance and Service, I am on Plog Road, off of Fairfield Rd, behind Calandras, Yeah we should get together one day and see what we can come up with for hunting Fairfield, That would be great for me, Email me and we'll talk.....Ian

B

·
0 Posts
My one friend Sammy works for a hotel chain, they have a warehouse near the airport. Last year we took a walk up this ridge, let me tell you I saw more rubs in the area then in any other area I hunted

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Last I knew the airport had guys hunting it on a shoot to kill permit,only problem was they only wanted the guys in there with bows and the permit is shotgun only Im not sure what ended up happening but it couldnt hurt to ask.;)

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I live in Lincoln Park and have nice deer in my backyard. I too am looking foe places to hunt in the area. I know you need to get an additional hunting permit from the Borough of Lincoln Park for $10.00.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last I heard, and this is going back a good 4 years, Fairfield hired snipers to cull the deer herd on the airport property and the golf course, and they shot a lot of deer. I don't know if it's still going on. mpemt24, have you hunted around your house, or are there too many homes nearby?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Too many homes. I over look the golf course on Two Bridges Road. If they state went to the 150 foot rule for bow, I could. There are a lot of farms in town, but my guess is they have there own hunters.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Maybe members in Lincoln Park Archers knows of some places to hunt.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure Lincoln Park archers know of a place or two.
What do you thing about the strip of woods rinning along the river opposite the golf course?

Knocking on a few doors can't hurt either, the worst they can do is say NO.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I had 2 doe this morning right next to my building at work...there is a small strip of woods about 50 yards wide and 300 yards deep, wish i could hunt that.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I think that strip of woods is a sanctuary. There are a lot of deer there. The woods is deep if you drive up Pine Brook Road. Maybe I should knock on doors.
The wife just called and said a buck is standing in the back yard. She said it is big and the antler are about 3 inches tall with big nubs at the end.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
OK, let me scout around the area and see what I can find. If you find any spots let me know also.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts