New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a member of Fort Dix Rod and Gun Club - Range 14.

Anyone hunt the Fort properties?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I dont hunt it, but I belong to Dix and have been wanting to b [no swearing please] fish some of the lakes. Ever done that? I fished at 1 last year with a freind and we killed them. If you want to go, let me know. I have a 14" boat that can easily hold 2

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I try to get down there at least once a month for target shooting and skeet. I could mix in some bassin.

I would like to hunt fall bow there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been hunting Ft. Dix for 7 years now. I'm stationed at McGuire. Currently I'm hunting inside the fence called the cantonment area. It's the best hunting ever. 1 Oct I shot an 11 pointer and the 29 Oct I shot an 8 pointer. I've also harvested 3 doe. It's been a killer season. I also fish on Ft. Dix. The bassen is great. If you need any info or have questions just let me know. I'm not sure how to post pictures but I'll figure it out and post the 11 and 8 pointers.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
That is a heck of a rack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I was just about to shoot a nice 7 pointer when he stepped out. Does anyone know a good taxidermist? I still have the head in my freezer. Now I have to wait till winter bow to tag another buck. I was scouting yesterday and walked up on a 12 pointer. He was an 18 inch wide 10 pointer with split brow tines. Hunting on Ft. Dix is good.

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
That buck looks like medussa(the women with the snakes on the head).Nice deer, need a new best freind?:DI am going to join the army.lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts