New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might give it a shot in the next week or two.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Yup,probably one of the best public lands for deer in the state due to all the restricted area in the park.[up]

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
All you have to do is go to headquarters and get a map of the hunting sections, the rangers are friendly and you can check out the mount of a huge non typical that was hit by a car right up the road.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you contact the park to get permission to hunt?
On the 'to-do' list.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I grew up on Hurleys Pond road and did most of my early years of hunting in and around the park. There have always been some real monsters taken out of the area. In fact the existing state bow record and the former gun record were taken by friends on private land near the park..The area has seen alot of development over the last ten years and has push alot more deer into the park so the park has opened up alot more land than in the past. Try hunting the area off Hurleys Pond, the rangers can provide you with a map. Dont overlook Manasquan WMA..It does get alot of pressure from pheasant hunters but there are some nice deer taken off this land..GOOD LUCK and watch out for CHIGGERS and TICKS..

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I'll wait till winter!
No need for that, the first hard frost will do it.
Besides what's been already posted, a big plus is "bowhunting only".
If you need any inspiration, spotlight the railroad train field some night, but bring a change of underwear.
[up]

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I mounted that buck and the hawk attacking the pheasant about 20 years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts