New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any surf fishermen here? I'll be going down fish after duck season. If you want to meet up let me know.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Be kinda cold after duck season. I surf fish usually on Sundays during the season. Sandy Hook, Monmouth Beach, Deal

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I surf fish at Sandy Hook. last year I did it like every other weekend this year I was to busy to get out but I would like to start going again. We will have to get together and go.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We fish until the stripers stop running. Duck ends the 29th we'll fish until goose opens in Nov. Then fishing takes a back seat again LOl

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Online Posts: 312
We fish until the stripers stop running. Duck ends the 29th we'll fish until goose opens in Nov. Then fishing takes a back seat again LOl
I do Sandy Hook and Island Beach SP. LBI is supposed to be good also.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I'm lookin' to get back into surf fishing again. I gave it up about 20years ago ( working too much ). So I'm game to get back into it. I'm not too far (40 min.) from LBI and less than an hour from Island Beach.
Hey how about a " New Jersey Hunter" fishing tournament ?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
bob I live in toms river, minutes from island beach, I have one of those beach buggy passes so I can drive on the beach. Where you looking to fish?

·
3,413 Posts
I have one of those beach buggy passes so I can drive on the beach
I grew up on Island Beach, great place. My Mother & Father retired down to Seaside Park and live 3 blocks from the front gate of IBSP. He fishes nearly every day.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Surf fishing for years. Mostly Manasquan Inlet and south to Bay Head. Like Sandy Hook also. The north jetty at Manasquan Inlet is great for bluefish at sunset. The season is still early due to the warm ocean temps. I fished Montauk Point Oct. 8/9th and everyone was skunked. Water was way to warm. Wait two weeks and things are goint to change.[up]

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I fished Sandy Hook for years till the Army corp redid the beaches, Been back a few times, but usually when it's good fishing it's good hunting.:) That and work takes up alot of time. Now they want $50. for a night parking permit. Yikes.!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I grew up on Island Beach, great place. My Mother & Father retired down to Seaside Park and live 3 blocks from the front gate of IBSP. He fishes nearly every day.
I lived in toms river all my life, my in-laws own murphys hook house on 37, so I do a little fishing!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I fished all day today at Sandy Hook, from a kayak. It was real nasty conditions in the morning, but then the wind died down and turned out great. Managed 3 Bass, and 8-10 monster bluefish.... All the B [no swearing please] were caught when it was nasty..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts