New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
He got a Doe. Saw a nice 8 pointer but the Deer caught Ian and ran off. He also had some tough luck on a Doe that he shot at 3 times and missed. So when he went out in the PM he made up for the missing and bagged a Doe! Way to go Ian![up]

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I was sooo mad at myself, this is the second year this has happened to me. It just goes to show you that now matter how much you practice and how good of a shot you are, things like this can happen. I am not trying to say that I am the greatest, but I think that I am a damn good shot!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Ian, who you kidding? You couldnt hit the broadside of a barn. You just get lucky when you actually hit one. I wasnt gonna tell you this but, when I sat in your spot that first night, I could hear all the bucks talking to each other (I speak deer ya know). They kept looking at me and snickering, saying stuff like,"Eat the corn boys, he cant hit us", and "Watch this, watch this....I'll stand broadside at 20 yards from him, see hes not even gonna bother to try...LOL". Little did they know it was me perched up in that tree waiting for a doe. After I took that doe out of there the next night, they realized there was a bonafied ACCURATE killer on the loose in them woods. Notice the deer sightings have gone down dramatically since they caught on to the fact you brought me in there? I gottem runnin scared! ;):p:D

Just kidding...You're a good shot. Still cant figure out how in the world anyone could miss three times in a row, but....[confused]:p:D Yeah, you're a good shot though. Why dont you bring the bow on down to the shop.....I can teach you how to use it.:D:p:p:D

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Matty, i'm going hunting with Ian tomorrow. i hope the bucks still think he is the one up there in the stand...lol

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
How to make the deer at ease. (Tips on looking like Ian)

Climb 30 feet in a tree using a Lone Wolf climber.

Hold a Hoyt Vipertec that you cant shoot for beans.

Make yourself look tall and skinny. (That one was hard for me to do, Im thinking you might have a slight problem with that one as well Woj):D

Fidget alot, you have to let the deer notice you're there, so they think its Ian, once they realize its "him", they will start offering up shots in an effort to make you shoot. They get a real kick out of watching him try to hit stuff from what I heard.

They place bets on how far off the shot will be and stuff. Good times![up]

Anyway, once you do all that, pick the largest deer and wait for it to offer "Ian" the slam dunk shot. When it does, zip it through the lungs. Hopefully you have extra tags, because there is a good chance the surrounding deer will die from awe and amazement.:p:D

Seriously though...Good luck tomorrow to both of you![up]

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
All I gotta say, Is look at the wall of Fame!!! I might move around alot in stand, but I ALWAYS get the deer!!:D

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
How to make the deer at ease. (Tips on looking like Ian)

Climb 30 feet in a tree using a Lone Wolf climber.

Hold a Hoyt Vipertec that you cant shoot for beans.

Make yourself look tall and skinny. (That one was hard for me to do, Im thinking you might have a slight problem with that one as well Woj)

Fidget alot, you have to let the deer notice you're there, so they think its Ian, once they realize its "him", they will start offering up shots in an effort to make you shoot. They get a real kick out of watching him try to hit stuff from what I heard.

They place bets on how far off the shot will be and stuff. Good times!

Anyway, once you do all that, pick the largest deer and wait for it to offer "Ian" the slam dunk shot. When it does, zip it through the lungs. Hopefully you have extra tags, because there is a good chance the surrounding deer will die from awe and amazement.

Seriously though...Good luck tomorrow to both of you!
Matty,
Now that's just harsh. It may be some strange combination of sad, funny, and truth, it's still harsh.

David

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Ahh, Ian knows Im just busting his chops. Him and I go way back! We've been good buddies since at least two weeks ago.:D

Ian really is a good shot, and he doesnt fidget too much...more than I do, but the deer never really caught him moving, so he knows how to control his fidgeting I guess.:p

He does climb 30 feet up though, and the deer do talk trash about him but....:D:D:D

Seriously though, Ians hunting skills =[up][up]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts