New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about having my bow dipped and changing out the camo pattern or maybe just do a color. has anyone on here had their bows dipped? If so, where did you go to get it done and how much did it cost? I'm in south jersey if that matters. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Go to Sportsmens center, they have a vendor that does it, it is pricey though. I had my .50 cal encore barrel dipped and it was $225

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never thought to ask the guys at Sportsmens. I'm there every monday so that helps. Thanks. Anyone else?

And Split...It's my 2011 Invasion. Just thinking about getting away from the Mossy Oak Tree Stand.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
There are a bunch of people on archery talk that have sent bows out to a few companies for dipping. I haven't really looked into it but it is pretty expensive. Are you looking to do the riser? limbs? cams? they charge you for each piece and if they have to break down the bow and re assemble its more. I've seen guys talking about dropping a few hundred dollars to get everything dipped with the labor and shipping. For me to drop a few hundred I'd just buy another bow. There are some guys on there that have powder coated the risers, limb pockets, etc, so that is another option. Limbs are tough to change color on though because what ever they apply has to hold up to constant flexing. There is a duracoat product that can be added to regular duracoat to allow it to flex, I've seen a couple bows done with the dura coat and they looked good. Lots of options but none of them are very cheap. Do a search for hydrographics and a bunch of companies will probably come up.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
A guy at the club I belong to sent one to tarjac and spent almost $300. They will only take the bow completely broken down and cleaned. He paid a shop $40 to take the bow apart, shipped it to tarjac, they charged him $165 to dip it and ship it back then he paid $60 to have the bow assembled and tuned. Then he had some issues with the finish coming off around the grip area. Not sure if it was something he did or the film didn't hold up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts