New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Alaska for Caribou in August...Should be fun..

Also heading to Maine for Thanksgiving week and hopefully another moose hunt if drawn.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Heading to NJ Zone 4 and 5 bow maybe shotgun with BHC. I got invites to hunt WI and have family in WV. There seasons open within days of each other so at best it will be one of them. ME is close and I have friends who want me to head up there during rifle as well.

·
3,413 Posts
Headed to Illinois as well, Oct 28th - Nov2nd for the opening of Bow. Hunting in Calhoun County.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
never been out of jersey:( trying to save money to go to ohio possibly in 2006. anyone know of good places to go (driving distance) for under 2500$ bow & arrow during the rut? please post webpgs of places with nice size bucks where i can go. i'd like a place where i can just make an appointment and not worry about waiting for the 2005 hunters to get 1st choice..they are going to choose the best moon cylce anyway so i want to reserve a date for 2006 NOW. please help.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I hunted in Maine this past season for deer... saw a few does but no bucks (live ones anyway). I have a pretty long story about the hunt but to make a long story short, I was 10 minutes from shooting a 7 point (probably about 130 class), 238lb bruiser... yeah, I'm heading up again this year.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If any one is interested I do camps in NH/ME for deer, hare(with my dogs) and coyotes. Kind of new to hte yotes, but have been successful. Also, NY hare & coyote planned for this year.

Till our trails cross,

WW

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
outlaw you should check out north carolina they hav some nice deer and they are close it takes me 7 hrs from ocean county to get just inside nc where we hunt right off rt 95 in seaboard price for 3 days thats 3 morning and 2 eve hunts for 900 with logging and full home cooked meal 5 day about 1300
e mail me if you have ?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I was invited to PA to hunt with my Chief and hopefully, I can hunt in NY on my father-in-laws property, now that I will be married into the family.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
DF, let me know when your packing for the elk hunt. And make sure to pack light, but use big suit cases. I get claustrophobic.:D

Take me with you, take me with you...:)

GUYS, PA is a great place to go if you want some cheap out of state hunting. Its close enough to keep using your license whenever you have free time.

Dont listen to the knuckleheads saying that the new regs dont work. My good friend has been killing bigger and bigger bucks out there every year. There are a few places that have been hammered, but man, bow season is like a ghost town in most places out there. You could have 10,000 acres to yourself. Not to mention there is SOOOO much state land open to the public.

I dont know if I'll get out there again this year, but I approached their game council with the idea of providing a non resident archery only license for cheaper. This way I could afford to get out there more often. They are passing it on through the proper channels.

Oh, if I were a rich man! Im telling ya....no one would know what state I was in, or what animal I was chasing with my bow.:D

Good luck on your out of state trips guys---Matt:)

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I am going to plan a trip out to Montana to visit family out there in the future and hopefully get to do some hunting...as for this season I am hoping to get up to a friends property in NY this fall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts