New Jersey Hunters banner

Anyone going after the Bear at Blairs Creek!!!!

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  BOWHUNTERCOP 
#1 ·
Has anyone thought about going after the Bear at Blairs Creeks...Since we all saw the Pics and he was huge...He looks like a good target...Does anyone know the Land around him..? Or am I going to waste my time?

G
#3 ·
I was really thinking about it, but the thing is this: If I go to that area Im not sure if there will be alot of guys out hunting not just for him but for deer in general I hate seeing a pumpkin patch, where I hunt I really don't see any other hunters and if I do they are either walking in or out and they push deer to me. I have 3 bears already, I don't need another one unless he's big. I'll be hunitng with buckfever, Mysti, GunnyFern & his DAD, and TITUS, like to see one of them get a bear[up]plus we spotted 5 bears in our area, hopefully they stay there

#6 ·
As far as I know, there is no where to access this bear through public lands. The Blair Creek Preserve is unhuntable and is surrounded by small private properties.

Maybe someone with private land around there will harvest the monster bruin, but my guess is he will die of old age.

You're better off hunting an area you know, than going in blind because of a big bear sighting. Thats what I think anyway.

Good luck to all---Matt:)

#7 ·
Years ago, if I'm thinking of the same place, you could get a permit to hunt the Blairs Creek Power Plant and you could also get a permit to hunt the Boy Scout camp.

The Blairs Creek plant is where they would suck water out of a lake up a long pipe to the top of the mountain and then shoot it back down through the pipe through some kind of turbine to produce power. It was pretty cool and a great place to hunt. My friends and I shot some nice deer up there. I guess maybe 9/11 had something to do with the no hunting. Who knows, like I said it was MANY years ago!

#25 ·
NJBC I HUNT IN Worhington..But I only have hunted Deer except for this year!!! I have not seen any bear... But lots of deer....I kep you posted only two weeks left till the day...Who is excited besides me.. Can anyone tell me a good spot to get my first bear or maybe help me out...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.