New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I' ve been out twice for walleye just off shore messing around. I know they are in there, one guy at a bait shop said they were catching them up by new hope, just wanted to know if anyone has had any luck near trenton or washington crossing area. thanks guys

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
the river has lots of them never tried that far south usally fish the gap along rt 46 and old mine road going up towards the flat brook digmans is good aswell can be hit or miss jig head with 1/2 a crawler tail end or a minow and crank baits

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i heard up by the gap is good. just did know if its really worth trying down by me (trenton area). the river is about 15 min away. i know the only way to truly find out is to get out there, but i figured i would ask anyway

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Up rt 97 where the lackawaxan dumps into delaware good spot you fish the ny side its deeper
That is the spot. I think the Walleyes are spotty at best in the gap and areas around it. I used to fish that area alot. We would catch them certain times of the year in the paulinskill just up stream near the columbia dam right were it comes out into the delaware. Dingmans ferry and North is best.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My neighbor used to slow troll for them using a worm spinner rig with a big night crawler, he used to do pretty good, somewhere around Easton.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Have caught a few of our discharge chute in Portland, but have never really targeted them. Smallies like crazy though, and some big ones.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Troll the river with j-9 or j-11 up past Lambertville bridge but b carefull it gets shallow fast up there!! I don't go much further than the bridge usually another good spot is north of bulls island

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was using jigs with rubber leach and i tried a few jerk and crank baits. i think the last time i was at bulls island i was in the boy scouts lol

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
There is a lot of water that goes unfished in the Delaware and you can catch walleyes in a lot of it. The river from Carpentersville up to the Goat Farm can really produce in the early spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts