New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody go out today for pheasant? If so how did you do? I will be taking off of work on Thursday 12/22 to go.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
i dont think many people went since they only stock on thursdays and saturdays now...my bro and dad are going thursday to whittingham..where are you going?

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I did. Not a shot at Black River. After about 10 minutes without hearing a shot I figured out they didn't stock today. I was right.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
ringneck, take a look at this..according to the stocking chart they stop stocking tuesdays for the rest of the season...i think they are doing this so they can save up birds for the last stocking day...

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have that chart on my desk at work Mack. But I never remember them NOT stocking on Tuesdays after the 6 day. It was always Tues, Thurs and Sat all season.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
im almost positive that its new...hopefully they are only doing this to make more birds for the last stocking day.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
It's new this year. I was at Whittingham today, but for deer. I had the shotgun inthe truck in case I saw birds. I didn't see any birds but ran into a few hunters. They too that the state stocked today. Iheard a few shots in the afternoon though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.