New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna give the lower BFB another shot this Saturday morning. Anyone heading up there this weekend?

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
It's supopsed to rain like the Hounds from Hell This weekend.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fj40 I'll save ya few;)

D..I know but the stream fishing in the rain beats the boat fishing in the rain. I gotta get out.[up]

Lower Flat brook imb21[cool]

·
Registered
612 Posts
If the turkeys are shut lipped like they were last saturday, I'm gonna bag that early and hit the stream. JJoe, what part of the lower flatbrook? Maybe I'll link up with you. Normally, I hit the area just north of old mine bridge (just before the deleware river). I'll be driving a green F150 with a cap on the back.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the same area FJ.. I usually start up by the old dam a mile up the road and then work my way down. I'm in the tan superduty. See ya there.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Cool, what time you getting up there... I'll be up there about 5ish hoping to nab one o' dem lil' buggers early. Then I'll hit the stream.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't know the names of all the roads up there... I know where they go, just don't know the names. I know the one running along the brook was closed for a while (think it's called brook road) but don't know if it still is.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The last exit off of 80 thats runs through worthington and the forest..It was closed last year..I've been going through Blairstown..

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
would love to go with you guys if someone can tell me where to go and what time???????????? remember i am not fimiliar with jersey so a landmark helps

·
Registered
612 Posts
JJoe, I got out of the woods around 10 yesterday. I drove the strip of road I expected you to be on and didn't see you... oh well, next time. How did you make out? I got one but I had issues with my rod so quit early.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
heh heh....He said "I had issues with my rod" Heh heh

·
Registered
612 Posts
heh heh....He said "I had issues with my rod" Heh heh
Alright, before this one gets outta hand...

I bought a new trout rod recently and this was the first time I had it out. I landed on fish with it. Then got hung up on the bottom... and with almost no effort, snapped the line by just bending the rod. I figured it was a fluke so I continued... got hung up again and snapped my line again. WTF? I figured it was bad line but I continued undaunted... and hooked a fish... and snapped my line again. All three snaps where close to the reel. So I looked at the eyelits and one is chipped on the inside. Needless to say, I returned the rod.[mad]

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Fj,,,managed 15 bows. I got out of there a little before 10....Average size fish. One was at 14..I kept him and 3 others...Not many guys up at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts