New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an excellent job offer for a start up position with a company in Keyport. It is a major company with serious new career opportunities. I will probably have to look at moving down to that area so I was hoping somebody may be able to tell me a bit about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Keyport, Keansburg, Matawan, Hazlet, Middletown - that general area. I would say it's blue collar, working areas - middle class families, there are some more affluent areas in Middletown though. Cost of living is a little higher since it's Monmouth County. Lots of fishing since it's all mostly on the water. And it floods!

My dad worked in the area when I was growing up and I went to HS on the Hazlet/Holmdel border so I had a lot of friends in the area. Traffic in the summer SUCKS. Good luck on the job offer!!

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard Keyport was nice, but stay away from Keansburg and some of the other area towns. I love the idea of being near the water being an avid boater until 2 years ago when work went dead. I also love where I have been for 20 years in Hunterdon Cty, but it has gotten crazy expensive and no work. My wife dreads leaving the woods and forests behind, but this is a real good opportunity. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Much more devloped than hunterton county but still not far from good hunting. Monmouth county is known for big bucks. [up] Good luck. Yea and stay away from Keansburg [rofl]

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
You will like Monmouth County, woods to hunt, water to fish. I would suggest renting something before you rush to buy something.

Take your time to learn the area, good luck.

Nice to hear some good news!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
There are woods and forests down there, the more local to Keyport would be pretty pricey, but if you go out a little farther you can find some decent trees. Depends on how close you'd want to be. The fishing in the area is great, there's a lot of history in and around the area as well, and the beach is close, good shopping, lots of options for school. And yeah, personally I would avoid Keansburg.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
I live 5mins from keyport..you are correct keansburg is a shith*le. Keyport and matawan have a lot of "day laborers" walking around but the waterfront is very nice. If your looking for a place with woods look in middletown or morganville area..if you want a shore place look near belford or union beach. Good luck with the new job.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was a MAKO Danny! LOL! And damn right I will as soon as I can!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
I live in Matawan. Grew up I'm Union Beach. Went to Keyport high school. Keyport is a nice area. Right on the bay. Small town, a few nice restaurants and bars. Not much crime at all. Some of the beat fishing in the Raritan Bay. There's a lot of Monmouth County parks very close to hunt. 15-20 minutes from sandy hook and the highlands. Overall a nice area to live. What company in Keyport if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live in Matawan. Grew up I'm Union Beach. Went to Keyport high school. Keyport is a nice area. Right on the bay. Small town, a few nice restaurants and bars. Not much crime at all. Some of the beat fishing in the Raritan Bay. There's a lot of Monmouth County parks very close to hunt. 15-20 minutes from sandy hook and the highlands. Overall a nice area to live. What company in Keyport if you don't mind me asking?
Sounds nice. I don't want to say the name of the company util I'm all settled in with them. No disrespect. I do know they will be doing some entry level hiring soon. I have some connections there so I'm getting in early. Still entry level, but great career potential.

·
Registered
12,709 Posts
Lou were you a student when the roof colapsed on the H.S.?

I grew up in Hazlet Tracy. Right next to Keyport. If you have any questions just give me a call.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
TS Good luck. Hopefully we can hook up soon. Most of that area in nice except for Keansburg. WHAT a shit hole.. Watch the neighborhoods as you drive thru looking for houses. you'll see a BIG difference from town to town. Alot of flooding Etc. As others have mentioned. STAY AWAY from County road and 35. MAJOR flood area. Don't let anybody BS ya either realtor wise. That titty bar is right there too and it's name escapes me right now. BRAIN FART. DUH!!!! LOL

GOOD LUCK!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.