New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a club car gas golf cart, owner said it ran fine a few months ago but now it wont do anything, i messed around with it and got it to get spark when i hit the gas pedal but only hit the gas pedal?? also it only turns over when i lay a screw driver over the selinoid posts, selinoid? he said something about a micro switch? not sure if that has anything to do with why it wont start when i hit the gas pedal. im new to these things so any input will be helpful

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
it only suppose to get spark when you hit the gas pedal and shut off when you let go. one microswitch is in the black speedcontrol box.the other is behind the forward reverse handle. charge the battery clean any wire connections you can find and make sure the ground from the starter generator has a clean connection to the frame. i have a clubcar carryall. i changed it to a honda and put a liftkit on it. great work cart

·
Registered
208 Posts
Some have a pressure switch in the seat, wont start unless your sitting on seat ,if it has one make sure its getting contact, you can jump switch with a piece of wire.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay thanks, sounds kinda naïve but how do they start? By hitting the gas pedal? And it shuts off everytime you let go of the gas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts