New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may buy a permit just in case I'm deer hunting and get the oppertunity to shoot one. I'll keep a call in my pocket and if I hear or see any I'll try to call them in,it's not easy to call them in in the fall.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I got my permit already. Just remember:

- you cannot bait turkey... so if you are deer hunting near a bait pile... and you have a turkey call on you... [down]

- you must have a turkey call on you

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
i have the stuff for it but my dad doesnt wanna do it! he said it would be easier in the spring since they are easier to call in and so we can have the whole fall for pheasant.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I will in NYS on Sundays after 11/1. (Sterling Forest doesn't allow firearms until 11/1)....No zone/week specific permits...In NYS when you get a turkey permit you just get two fall tags & two spring tags. The seasons are statewide and 1 month long.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Did it one fall and it didn't compare to the spring.I did take a bird but I felt like I was missing out on some prime deer hunting...

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I had the same feeling as Browning i saw a few differnt bucks chasing does and i was going after turkeys,compared to the spring season the fall is boring.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I got the permit but will be deer hunting, with a turkey call in my pocket. If I see a turkey, I'll try to take him with my bow, but deer hunting is my primary objective.

I'd like to see an archery only turkey permit for the first two weeks of October...that could be a big seller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts