New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what the title says...just curious about what the total fee was and if your information such as home address is shared with users.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I used Gunsamerica. Sold a $600 handgun and the fee was a $20 minimum. Though, I haven't gotten the invoice yet. Then if it is interstate it has to go to a dealer more money.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vin
The baby just came and you are selling the guns already ?

How are things with the new little girl at home ?
Everythings great the baby is good im just trying to move this 870 youth 20 gauge because it sits in my safe collecting dust[hihi]

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
I've sold several items on GunBroker in the past. There are no listing fees (unlike eBay) to put your item up for sale. You only pay a final value fee based on the sale price of the item. If it doesn't sell, you pay nothing.

As far as buyers getting your home address, I shipped all guns from a local FFL dealer. If your concerned about giving your home address out, you could have buyers send payment to a work address or PO Box.

from GunBroker.com seller tutorial page:

Final Value Fee
A Final Value Fee is assessed if your item is sold. The Final Value Fee is assessed when the listing closes and is based on the price that the item is sold for. If the item is not sold (reserve not met or no bids were placed) there is no Final Value Fee. For Dutch auctions the Final Value Fee is based on the cumulative sale price of all items sold out of the lot.

Here is how you calculate your Final Value Fee:

Take the first $25 of your final value and multiply it by 5%. If your item sold for $25 or less this is your Final Value Fee.
If your final value was more than $25, take the additional amount between $25.01 and $1,000 and multiply it by 2.5%.
If your final value was more than $1,000, take the additional amount above $1000 and multiple it by 1.25%.
Add up these these amounts and that is your Final Value Fee.
For example, a $1500 item would cost:

$25 times 5% = $1.25
$975 times 2.5% = $24.38
$500 times 1.25% = $6.25
Total = $31.88
A $500 item would cost:

$25 times 5% = $1.25
$475 times 2.5% = $11.88
Total = $13.13
http://www.gunbroker.com/User/SellerTutorial.asp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts