New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of a few spots to hunt in Sayerville. Other then buckrun and myself, does anyone hunt there? If so, how is it? Where do you go?

Ever hunt off Jernee Mill Road?

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I live in Monmouth County - never hunted Sayreville.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
There are some deer around there. My parents live there and do see deer from time to time.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I don't think there are too many areas to hunt in Sayreville, so there could be some big old bucks around. I have seen some real big deer on the parkway in that area.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Most of the land that you can hunt in sayreville is by permit only thru the town for residents only.I believe Jernmee rd is private property and is enforced by local PD.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
jernee mill is hunted and over by dupont. my wife is from sayreville. alot of cops hunt it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
woj
I drove thru that way yesterday and both sides of road are posted from Hess Bros property down to the VFW with new signs.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
hess bros off limits, a friend of mine hunts there with permission. you go there you will be caught. starland ballroom side of the jernee mill rd. is state game lands, open to everyone. opposite of starland ballroom, starts the permit land. need a permit from the town, but what a suprise cops still hunt it without a permit. and i was assured that wasnt going to happen at the council meeting, wow a sayreville politician lied to me. there is not all that many deer there, the cops/fireman used to do a number on does and button bucks during doe days, found alot of them left in the woods!!!! good guys they are.

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
May not be the brightest thing in the world to acuse hunters of deer you find dead in the woods..

Could be hit by cars...winter starvation anything at all. Yea?

G

·
Im sure buckrun saw bullet holes in them deer.....Lets not shy away from reality, we know stuff like that happens, and these Jerk**** are not hunters

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i know locals that hunt all over sayreville. one guy lives in hunterdon county but still drives down there to deer hunt. he doesnt hunt up here at all.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
sugar, deer left in the woods by these guys, its been happening for years. second, those same guys put a buckshot pellet through an office window three seasons ago. one of the things that started the whole town permit bs. woj, where does the guy hunt do you know? and why bother coming all the way down here?

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
starland ballroom side of the jernee mill rd. is state game lands, open to everyone
how much land is state land. my old man lives in parlin. he is looking for land over there to hunt.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hunted last year along jurneymill by Starland(hunka-Bunka) until I was run out by the P.D. They say you have to be from town and also have a permit to hunt anywhere on the road. I saw a C.O. and asked him. He said the only plubic land is a small patch of woods about 9 or 10 acers, Where I dont know? Good luck, I won't be back anytime soon.[mad]

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just went down by a school's soccer field in Sayreville with my uncle, and there were 7 does eating the grass. They really didn't care about us looking, they cared about the grass.(12/28/05)(around 7:20) we saw them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.